Oftentimes, being convicted of a crime is a life-altering event that can result in jail time, high fines, and countless additional penalties. This is why if you’ve been charged with a crime, it is of paramount importance that you retain the services of an experienced Broward County criminal defense attorney at once. Our firm is on your side. Continue reading and contact The Finizio Law Group, P.A. to learn more about the consequences of a criminal conviction and how our legal team can help you fight them at every turn.
Broward County Criminal Defense Attorney | Protecting Your Rights
Our firm has a deep understanding of all criminal matters, which is why it is absolutely in your best interests to hire a knowledgeable Broward County criminal defense attorney who can represent you through every phase of your case.
Our Legal Services
The Finizio Law Group, P.A. has significant experience handling a wide array of criminal cases, including those involving the following:
- DUI: If you’ve recently received a DUI, you can depend on us to fight for your rights, every step of the way.
- Assault: Assault charges can have a lasting impact on someone’s life, though unfortunately, in many cases, assault charges are the result of a misunderstanding. For example, it is not uncommon for someone who was acting in self-defense to be charged with assault.
- Shoplifting: Shoplifting is perhaps the most common theft crime, and as such, many people assume that the consequences they may face won’t entail any real penalties. This is simply untrue. If you’ve been charged with shoplifting, you need an experienced Broward County criminal defense attorney on your side.
- Gun Crimes: Many people are charged with violating Florida’s gun laws every single year. Oftentimes, violations of the state’s gun laws are accidents; there was no real intent to violate the law. If you simply made a mistake, or you are facing any sort of gun charge, The Finizio Law Group, P.A. is here to help.
- Fraud: There are several types of fraud, including bank fraud, check fraud, credit card fraud, internet fraud, and more. Many white-collar crimes are also considered acts of fraud. If you are facing fraud charges, our firm is on your side.
- Domestic Violence: Untruthful domestic violence allegations have the ability to ruin a reputation, a family, and someone’s future. Whether you were simply acting in self-defense or your accusor is outright lying, an experienced attorney can help.
- Drug Crimes: Drug crimes are particularly common criminal matters our firm handles. Depending on the type and amount of a drug you were caught with, you could be looking at very serious criminal penalties. Do not go it alone.
- Juvenile Crimes: The last thing any parent wants is for their child to start out life on the wrong foot. If your child has been charged with a crime, you need a Broward County criminal defense attorney who is familiar with the juvenile system to combat those charges.
- Sex Crimes: Sex crimes are often prosecuted extremely harshly in Florida. If you’ve been wrongfully accused of a sex crime, you need competent representation in your corner.
- Violent Crimes: Violent crimes, such as murder, can warrant life in prison. Charges involving violent crimes should never be handled without a lawyer, as the accused party has so much on the line.
How a Criminal Record Can Affect You
As you may know, the initial punishment you may face for your alleged crime is not the extent of the long-term ramifications you may face for a criminal conviction. This is because once you are convicted of a crime, you will have a criminal record. A criminal record can prevent you from getting certain jobs, taking out certain loans, and renting certain properties, among other consequences.
Additionally, in certain cases, a criminal record can affect your driving privileges, your ability to own a firearm, and your immigration status (if you immigrated to the United States). These are just some of the ways in which a criminal record can affect a person in the long term, though fortunately, our experienced Broward County criminal defense attorney is here to preserve your record and good name.
Contact a Broward County Criminal Defense Attorney
The bottom line is that if you’ve been charged with a crime, you deserve to know just what is at stake and exactly how our firm can fight to protect it. With us on your case, you can rest assured that you will always receive straightforward, honest, and practical legal advice, geared toward attaining a positive outcome on your behalf. Contact The Finizio Law Group, P.A. today to schedule your free initial consultation with our competent legal team.