Sofia joined the firm in November 2008 and immediately established herself as a valuable member of the pre-litigation team as well as assisting with daily administrative tasks which are vital to the successful operation of the firm. Sofia was born and raised in the Miami, Florida area and graduated from American Senior High School in Hiahleah, Florida. She is bilingual (English and Spanish) and proud of her Cuban heritage. She is a graduate of the world-famous Dale Carnegie Course. Sofia enjoys spending time with her husband and two sons traveling, boating and taking cruises when time permits.
Just a sample of the many things Sofia is responsible for here at the firm:
- Open, scan and distribute the daily mail to the staff and attorneys
- Handle postage and shipping needs for the firm
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls, faxes and messages
- New Client Intakes
- Speak with potential clients and gather information for attorney consideration
- Open new case files in case management system, send & follow-up on sign-up packages
- Following up on client medical treatment.
- Interacting with the insurance companies and medical providers.
- Preparation of Demand packages to insurance carriers
- Pre settlement negotiations with insurance companies
- Preparation of settlement statements
- Reduction of medical bills for the client
- Assisting attorneys in depositions and mediations
- Mail settlement checks, settlement statements & copies to clients
- Follow-up on referred out cases
- Setting up and scheduling hearings with the courts and opposing counsel
- Handling special projects, client billing and invoicing
- Networking for the firm