Auto accidents are, unfortunately, extremely common here in Florida, and if you were wrongfully injured in one, you shouldn’t settle for just any attorney; you need an experienced Broward County auto accident lawyer who can effectively fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact The Finizio Law Group, P.A. today to learn more about auto accidents in Florida and how our legal team can help.
Broward County Auto Accident Lawyer | Here to Fight for You
Those who’ve been seriously injured in auto accidents require the services of an experienced Broward County personal injury attorney who has helped countless auto accident victims in the past. Our firm knows just how much is on the line, which is why we will provide you with the legal support you deserve. We will fight for your rightful compensation at every turn.
Auto Accident Cases We Handle
Here at The Finizio Law Group, P.A., we handle a wide array of personal injury claims involving auto accidents. Some of the auto accident claims we handle are as follows:
- Boat Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Uber Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
Unfortunately, auto accidents happen every single day in Florida, and in most cases, they occur due to driver negligence. Some of the most common types of driver negligence are as follows:
- Distracted Driving: Countless people drive while distracted when they eat food, look at their GPS, apply makeup, and, of course, text while driving. Unfortunately, texting while driving has made distracted driving the number one cause of auto accidents here in the U.S., and if you were hurt by someone who was texting while driving, you need an experienced Broward County auto accident lawyer on your side.
- Driving While Under the Influence: Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal. Unfortunately, many people still make this mistake, and if you were injured by a drunk driver, our firm is prepared to fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Drowsy Driving: Drowsy or fatigued driving notoriously slows reaction time and makes someone a potential threat to others on the road. Many of us have driven while tired, however, doing so is dangerous and can lead to very serious accidents.
- Speeding: Speed limits are in place for a reason. Unfortunately, almost all auto accidents involve at least one person who was speeding.
- Ignoring Traffic Lights/Signs: Ignoring traffic lights or signs can cause motorists to collide with pedestrians or other vehicles, leaving innocent people severely injured.
- Tailgating: Rear-end accidents are the most common type of auto accident. These accidents frequently happen when one motorist is speeding, driving while distracted, or simply tailing another motorist too closely and failing to allow sufficient room to brake, should the driver in front come to a sudden stop.
- Unsafe Lane Changes: Cars, trucks, and other motor vehicles all have blind spots, and motorists are responsible for accounting for those blind spots before merging or changing lanes. When they fail to do so, serious accidents can happen.
You should note that any other way in which a driver fails to observe the rules and regulations of the road is considered an act of negligence, and if you were hurt because of a negligent driver, you should have a valid personal injury claim.
Gathering Evidence After an Accident
After an auto accident, if you can, you should try to take the following actions:
- Call the police to the scene. The police will document the incident when they arrive and send an ambulance to the scene.
- Ask the other driver for his or her insurance information.
- Take pictures of your vehicle, the other driver’s vehicle, and any other property involved in the accident.
- Ask witnesses for their contact information, as they may corroborate your claim at a later date.
- Seek immediate medical attention and get a copy of all documentation pertaining to your injuries from your treating physician.
- Hire an experienced Broward County auto accident lawyer who can fight for the compensation you require to heal.
As long as we can prove that you were injured because of another motorist’s negligence, we should recover the compensation you need to help cover any economic or non-economic damages you’ve sustained as a result of your accident.
Statute of Limitations for Auto Accident Injury Claims
After sustaining an injury in an auto accident, if you wish to file a claim, you must do so within Florida’s statute of limitations. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is usually two years. You must make it a point to file within two years of the date of your accident. Failing to do so will most likely result in you losing your right to sue. Further, the longer you wait to file your claim, the more difficult it will be to prove that your injury was, in fact, directly caused by an accident that happened months or years ago. The sooner you bring your claim to us, the sooner we can begin the claims process on your behalf.
Contact a Broward County Auto Accident Lawyer
Auto accidents are terrifying, and at times, they can cause people to sustain significant damages as a result. Do not fight the uphill battle alone. Our firm is ready to fight for the justice you deserve. Contact The Finizio Law Group, P.A. today so you can schedule your free initial consultation with our legal team.