Many people have no choice but to leave their loved ones in nursing homes. Unfortunately, nursing homes do not always care for our loved ones as we would, and if you believe that your loved one is a nursing home neglect/abuse victim, you can rely on a Broward County nursing home abuse lawyer here at The Finizio Law Group, P.A. to fight for you. Contact us today to learn more about nursing home abuse/neglect and how we can assist you and your loved one.
Broward County Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer | Here to Help You & Your Loved One
Trusting a nursing home to care for a loved one isn’t easy. This is why it is all the more infuriating when a nursing home betrays this trust. If your loved one was harmed in a nursing home, you should speak with a Broward County personal injury attorney as soon as you can. We are ready to fight for you.
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
Of course, no one wants to imagine that a nursing home is neglecting or abusing their loved one. That being said, if you keep your eye out for certain signs of neglect or abuse, you increase your chances of catching it before it’s too late and bringing the liable parties to justice. Some of the most common signs of nursing home abuse that our firm sees are as follows:
- Developing bedsores
- Malnutrition or dehydration
- Complaints of discomfort
- Complaints about certain nurses or aides
- Showing signs of fear when certain nurses or aides enter the room
- Possessions or cash mysteriously going missing
- Unexplained bruises or cuts
- Nursing home residents roaming around or falling
- Unclean air, food, or water conditions
Of course, not all of these are always signs of abuse. For example, just because a nursing home resident fell doesn’t mean that the nursing home staff is automatically responsible. However, by looking out for these signs, you can help ensure that any potential incident of neglect or abuse is dealt with immediately.
Reporting an Incident of Nursing Home Abuse
If you suspect an act of abuse or neglect has occurred in a nursing home, you should immediately document and report the incident. Take the following steps:
- Get your loved one to safety. If you believe your loved one is in immediate danger, you should call the police. Ensure your loved one’s injuries are treated at once.
- Take pictures or videos of the unsafe nursing home conditions, your loved one’s injuries, or the incident of neglect/abuse itself.
- Ensure that anyone who saw the incident gives you their contact information.
- Notify the nursing home and report the incident to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
- Keep a copy of all medical documentation/bills pertaining to your loved one’s injuries.
- Hire an experienced Broward County nursing home abuse lawyer who can fight for the justice you and your loved one deserve.
Contact a Broward County Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Our firm understands how devastating a neglectful or abusive nursing home can be to a person and his or her loved ones. Our job is to hold anyone who harmed your loved one accountable for their actions. We will fight for you and your family. Contact The Finizio Law Group, P.A. today to schedule your free initial consultation with our compassionate and aggressive legal team.