Purchasing or using a product that turns out to be defective and causes an injury is unacceptable, and if you were recently hurt because of a defective product, you need a seasoned Broward County product liability lawyer on your side. Contact The Finizio Law Group, P.A. today to learn more about how product liability claims and how we can help you.
Broward County Product Liability Lawyer | Protecting Florida’s Consumers
Those harmed by defective products need a Broward County personal injury attorney who has the knowledge and experience required to take on big corporations. If you are hurt, don’t settle for just any attorney; reach out to The Finizio Law Group, P.A. to receive the assistance you deserve.
Types of Product Liability Claims
When someone is injured by a defective product, it is usually because of one of three reasons. They are as follows:
- Failure to Warn: There are many products that are safe when used correctly, though unsafe when used incorrectly. Power tools and other pieces of machinery are good examples of this. That being said, if a person is injured because a product failed to include a clear warning about how to/how not to use the product safely, they may have a valid personal injury claim.
- Unsafe Product Design: Unfortunately, there are some products that are simply carelessly designed without consumers’ safety in mind. If you can prove that you were hurt because of an unsafe product design and that there was a safer, economically feasible means to design the product that would not hinder its function, you should have a valid claim.
- Negligent Product Manufacturers: Finally, there are times where a product with a safe blueprint can become unsafe and injured unsuspecting consumers because the company manufacturing the product did so negligently. For example, at times, manufacturers will cut corners to save time or money, causing a product to become unsafe for public use.
Proving Your Claim
If you are injured by a defective product, you should take several steps to document the incident and your injuries. If you can, try to do the following:
- If you are seriously injured, call 911 to the scene of the accident. They will write up a report and send an ambulance to the scene, which will transport you to a hospital for treatment.
- Take pictures of your injuries and the unsafe product that caused your injuries.
- Ensure that you do not throw the product away. Our firm can use the product itself as evidence when proving your personal injury claim.
- If there were witnesses, ask them for their contact information.
- Ensure you receive a copy of all medical documentation/bills regarding your injury.
- Speak with an experienced Broward County product liability lawyer who can fight for the financial compensation you deserve and need to heal.
Contact a Broward County Product Liability Lawyer
Defective products injure people every year, and if you are someone who has been harmed because of one, you need competent legal counsel on your side. Contact The Finizio Law Group, P.A. today to schedule your free initial consultation with our legal team.