Unfortunately, sometimes a bad restaurant experience can extend past a bad meal. More often than you may think, an accident that leads to serious injuries and damages may occur. Read on to discover what you should do if you are injured in a restaurant accident and how a seasoned Broward County slip and fall lawyer of The Finizio Law Group can work on your behalf to recover the compensation you require to heal.
What are the common causes of restaurant accidents in the state of Florida?
Restaurant owners, just like any other property owner, hold the responsibility of ensuring that their premises are kept safe for their patrons. So when they fail to uphold this duty, this is when an accident is likely to occur. Restaurant accidents usually occur in the form of slip and falls, and examples of such include the following:
- Spilled drinks leave slippery surfaces, especially when warning signs are not present.
- Dropped food leaves slippery surfaces, especially when warning signs are not present.
- An unturned rug or mat.
- Defective or dangerous stairwells.
- Uneven pavement in the restaurant’s parking lot.
- Unsafe surfaces on the restaurant’s sidewalk.
- Dim lighting prevents you from seeing potential safety hazards.
Of note, some of the above slip and fall accidents are not only experienced by patrons but may also be experienced by employees of the establishment. So, even as an employee, you still have a right to file a claim.
What steps should I take if I am injured in a restaurant accident in the state of Florida?
You may be able to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, etc. after your restaurant accident in Florida. So, to win your personal injury claim, you must prove the following:
- The restaurant owner, manager, or employee knew or should have known about the unsafe conditions.
- The restaurant owner, manager, or employee failed to fix or otherwise clear away the unsafe conditions in a timely matter.
- You were injured as a result of the unsafe conditions.
- Your injury caused you to sustain significant damages.
There are certain pieces of evidence that will help you in proving the above points. Therefore, you should collect the following proof immediately after your restaurant accident occurs:
- A copy of the police report that was conducted at the scene of your accident.
- Pictures and videos of your injuries, damages, and the unsafe conditions that contributed to your accident.
- Witness testimonies of your accident.
- Surveillance camera footage of your accident occurring.
- Medical documents and bills that report the date, time, and seriousness of your injuries.
For more information, do not hesitate in reaching out to a competent Broward County personal injury attorney as soon as you can.
Contact Our Experienced Broward County Firm
If you require legal representation for matters of personal injury, family law, criminal defense, commercial litigation, or aviation litigation, contact The Finizio Law Group today.